Job title: Financial Accountant
Type of employment: Full time
Location: Office-based – Goudhurst, Kent
HaesCooper is a small expanding practice with an excellent reputation for client care and commercial insight, based in Goudhurst, Kent. The practice provides a range of accountancy, tax, and financial consulting services to a diverse client base ranging from individuals, sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies, with a focus on growth businesses and entrepreneurs. The HaesCooper team is a dedicated and supportive working and training environment. You can expect to work on an interesting array of businesses from a wide range of sectors. Due to the small nature of our client’s businesses, you will have a large and professionally fulfilling impact on the financial side of their business.
Purpose of the role:
Are you an aspiring Semi Senior Accountant looking for a career move? Do you want to work in a firm that gives you ownership and control of your client portfolio? Studying towards your ACA, AAT or ACCA qualification, you will have worked within an accountancy firm for at least two years and be passionate about using your accounting skills to help clients. You will need to be technically competent with excellent attention to detail and a can-do attitude to problem solving. You will thrive on regular and ongoing client interaction and have excellent communication and organisation skills combined with the ability to build client relationships quickly, always aiming to deliver first class customer service.
To take responsibility for your own portfolio of HaesCooper clients and carry out the following:
- Review Client’s financial records and the bookkeeping carried out by them or a HaesCooper bookkeeper ensuring that their data is accurate and error-free.
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts ensuring all year end journals are posted (accruals, prepayments, depreciation etc.) and all balance sheet accounts are reconciled.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax computations and Company Tax Returns.
- Producing monthly management accounts as required by Clients, the detail of which will vary for each Client.
- Review and approval of VAT returns, ensuring accuracy and timely submission to HMRC.
- Be the first point of contact for your clients’ questions regarding their accounts
- Part Qualified or Qualified ACA or ACCA
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accountancy practice
- Technically competent with close attention to detail
- Experienced user of Quickbooks Online
- Excellent Excel software skills
- Adept and comfortable communicating clearly and effectively with colleagues and clients
- Hands on approach
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving
- Able to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Confident and successful communicating technical information to colleagues and clients
How to apply:
If the above sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you. Please send you CV with any supporting information along to email@example.com
Book a free call
Leave your details and we will email you to arrange a call back to discuss your accountancy needs.